Making new habits for the New Year
This winter break I spent half of it spacing out on my bed and the other half was spent frantically writing my graduate school applications.
During this time, I was also reading posts from a facebook group called Subtle Asian Leftovers (SAL) where I read mostly about people and their habits. There are other similar groups based on interests like career development and skin care. These communities inspired me to start developing new habits. Writing down my goals help me keep accountable and motivated. So here are some habits I want to develop and keep!
- Drink warm lemon water every morning
- Refill my humidifier every day
- Take frequent breaks (not long ones) during studying or working because I’m a tactile learner
- Incorporate flash cards into my studying habits
- Start wearing clothes that fit me and flatter me. This will help me appreciate myself more
- Eat every meal until I am satisfied. This will help me focus during the day and avoid binge eating
- Sleep seven-eight hours a day
- Choose kinder words for my friends and family. They are important to me and I want to show kindness through my words
- Wash my face every night
- Read 1 news article in English and Burmese every day. I don’t read Burmese enough
- Spend at least 30 mins at the gym every day
At the end of the year, my goal is to incorporate all these habits into my daily life. That is all.